Berfin Ozek Wiki
Berfin Ozek Bigoraphy
Who is Berfin Ozek ?
A woman in Turkey has married the man who threw acid in her face, leaving her nearly blind and disfigured.
A change in the law coupled with changes to the COVID rules allowed his attacker to get out of jail early.
Berfin Ozek, 20, was attacked by her then-ex-boyfriend Casim Ozan Celtik, 23, after her relationship ended in 2019.
Just before she launched her attack, she told him that if he couldn’t have her, no one could.
When she survived and revealed that her ex-boyfriend was the attacker, she was arrested. Then, according to her reports, he bombarded her with messages of love and apologies, begging her to forgive him.
The victim even briefly agreed to withdraw the complaint from her, writing: “I don’t feel comfortable with him between four walls there. We have written many letters to each other. I have given myself to him. I love him so much, he loves me so much. ‘
However, after a massive backlash on social media, she later said that she realized she was wrong and asked her attorney to reinstate her complaint.
As a result, her ex-boyfriend was sentenced to 13 years and six months in prison for the attack on a court in the Iskenderun district in the Turkish province of Hatay.
- Berfin Ozek has married Casim Ozan Celtik two years after he threw acid at her
- Casim threw acid in Berfin’s face after their relationship ended back in 2019
- She was left disfigured and with only 30 per cent vision in one of her eyes
- Casim was sentenced to 13 years and six months in prison, but a law change meant he was let out early
- And now, the pair have married after Casim proposed after leaving prison