Jacob Ramsey Wiki
Jacob Ramsey Biography
Who is Jacob Ramsey ?
Paul Merson suggested that Kasper Schmeichel exploited the rules in his favor after Aston Villa controversially disallowed a goal against Leicester City.
Jacob Ramsey seemed to have put the home team ahead at Villa Park in the final stages of the first half when he pounced on a fumble that Schmeichel had thrown his way, before shooting home .
Referee Michael Oliver initially allowed the goal to hold, before backtracking after consulting with the VAR.
According to Law 12 of the Laws of the Game as regulated by the International Football Association Board, ‘a goalkeeper is in control of the ball if the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface’, such as the ground or his own body. .
A goalkeeper is also considered to be in control of the ball “by touching it with any part of the hands or arms, except if the ball bounces off the goalkeeper or if the goalkeeper has made a save”.
“ Literally he just dove in to put a hand on it. I think he could be a smart goalkeeper. ‘
Don Goodman, who was the co-commentator on the game, echoed his colleague’s thoughts: “Schmeichel is very lucky and he will know,” he said.
“I think the goal should be kept, but it is a rule that is open to interpretation.”
- Jacob Ramsey scored to put Aston Villa 2-1 late in the first half against Leicester
- Referee Michael Oliver ruled out the goal after consulting VAR
- Ramsey was adjudged to have fouled Kasper Schmeichel as he hit the ball
- Law 12 states goalkeepers are in control of the ball if they have at least one hand on it while holding it against the ground.
- Also Read: Haunting recordings proved Emma Tustin ‘relished’ abuse of six-year-old Arthur , www.wikimsn.com