Matt Cartwright Wiki
Matt Cartwright Biography
Who is Matt Cartwright ?
The number of Congressional Democrats testing positive for coronavirus in recent days has risen to four, with a list including Rep. Matt Cartwright of Pennsylvania.
“It tested positive on Saturday,” his communications director, Colleen Eagen Gerrity, told Times News Online. She said Cartwright, which represents an area that includes Scranton, had received two shots. It was not known if he had received a booster shot.
He is quarantined at home after experiencing flu-like symptoms.
The Word of Cartwright test makes him the fourth Democrat to test positive in just a few days.
Crow revealed his diagnosis after returning from a Congressional delegation to Ukraine
It is not immediately clear who else was in the delegation to Ukraine. has contacted Crow’s office.
The number of Omicron cases in the US nearly doubled overnight from Friday to Saturday and has been detected in at least 44 states. As of Saturday morning, there were 830 cases of the new strain confirmed by DNA sequencing nationwide, a 97 percent increase from Friday morning, but the number is likely to be much higher.
It is not known whether Crow, Warren and Booker have the Omicron variant or the more prevalent Delta strain.
Lawmakers who would normally be back home for the legislative holiday have stayed in Washington, DC in a risky attempt to score a victory for President Joe Biden’s agenda before the new year.
Warren, 72, was the first to announce her diagnosis and said that her infection was mild and that she had both the vaccine doses and the booster shot.
- Democrat Rep. Jason Crow of Colorado announced his positive diagnosis on Sunday night after returning from a Congressional delegation to Ukraine
- On Monday morning, Republican Maryland Governor Larry Hogan announced he received a positive coronavirus diagnosis after taking a rapid test
- Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Cory Booker also tested positive
- All four members of Congress are fully vaccinated; three said they had gotten their booster shot
- The lawmakers urged all Americans to get their vaccines and booster shots
- Warren’s brother Don Reed Herring died of coronavirus in April 2020
- Their diagnoses comes amid rising COVID cases fueled by the Omicron variant