Michael Nesmith Wiki
Michael Nesmith Biography
Who was Michael Nesmith ?
Michael Nesmith, singer and guitarist for the 1960s group The Monkees, died Friday at his Los Angeles home at the age of 78.
His family announced his passing in a statement, which read: “With infinite love, we announce that Michael Nesmith has passed away this morning at his home, surrounded by family, peacefully of natural causes.”
Nesmith is now the third of four members of the band, whose hits include Daydream Believer and Valerie, who has died. David Jones died in 2012 and Peter Tork died in 2019.
He and lone survivor Micky Dolenz performed their last show together last month at the Greek Theater in Illinois.
“It is with deep sadness that I remember the passing of Michael Nesmith. We shared many trips and projects together over 30 years, culminating in a farewell tour of the Monkees that concluded just a few weeks ago, ”Sandoval said.
“That tour was a true blessing for many. And in the end I know that Michael was at peace with his legacy, which included songwriting, producing, acting, directing and so many innovative ideas and concepts. I am sure that the brilliance that he captured will resonate and offer the love and light that he has always moved towards. ”
Paying tribute, Midge Ure described him as “an underrated, talented musician, songwriter and video artist”.
- Michael Nesmith, a singer and guitarist for the 1960s group The Monkees, died on Friday at his home in Los Angeles at the age of 78
- His family confirmed his passing in a statement to TMZ
- Nesmith once fought for control of The Monkees, a made-for-television rock ‘n’ roll band, wanting it to be a real group
- The group released several hits in the 1960s, including Daydream Believer and Valerie, eventually rivaling the success of the Beatles
- After the group disbanded, Nesmith helped launch MTV